Admission Requirements and Financial Aid
The PhD Program admits students with diverse education, work, and life experiences who have demonstrated a capacity to pursue a rigorous course of doctoral study. Admission is limited, competitive, and open to students with clear career goals in health services administration and research. The application is open September 1, 2020 through March 15, 2021. Click here to apply.
This year the HSOR Admissions Committee will consider applications without GRE or GMAT scores. However, we highly recommend that applicants submit evidence of their ability to succeed in a highly-respected program whose graduates are expected to become researchers. Evidence may include, but is not limited to, writing samples demonstrating your analytic abilities or research thinking and experience in research related jobs.
Admission requirements include:
- graduate-level degree in an academic or professional field with a grade point average of "B" or higher
- working knowledge of college-level algebra
- advanced courses in statistics and economics
- a score at least at the 50th percentile on the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or equivalent GMAT scores (testing date within the past five years) (waived 2020-2021 admissions cycle)
- for foreign students, scores from the test of English as a Foreign Language
- transcripts and application forms
- three letters of recommendation
- personal interviews with members of the Admissions Committee.
Financial aid is available through competitive assistantships, which cover tuition and provide a stipend ranging from $16,000 - 25,000 per year. Additional information about assistantships will be provided to students upon admission to the program.
The VCU Office of International Admissions processes undergraduate and graduate applications for non-U.S. citizens and non-U.S. residents. Non-U.S. residents should refer to the instructions for the international student application.
The links on this site will allow you to proceed systematically through all the information needed to complete an application to VCU. If you need any help with applying online, you may contact our office by e-mail at: email@example.com
Additionally, please note that only the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, the International Admissions Office and the School of Graduate Studies are authorized to notify applicants of the official acceptance by the university. Do not interpret statements made in casual correspondence with any university faculty member to mean that you have been fully accepted.
Application deadline is March 15, 2021.