Dear Healthcare Executive,
On behalf of the Graduate Program in Health Administration at Virginia Commonwealth University I invite you to serve as a preceptor in our top-ranked Master of Health Administration (MHA) Program. A unique feature of our program is the required one-year administrative residency, prior to graduation. Our program was founded on the belief that the application of knowledge and skills in the practice environment is crucial for launching a career as a healthcare executive.
To serve as a preceptor, you must meet the following criteria:
- Possession of a master’s degree in health administration, business, or related field.
- Employment in a senior administrative position
- Employment in an accredited healthcare organization that is large enough to provide a breadth of learning experiences
- Commitment to serving as a preceptor; providing learning experiences and feedback
- Execution of an Affiliation Agreement
During the one-year residency, you would be the Preceptor Faculty member to oversee the breadth and depth of learning experiences for an Administrative Resident. Learning should be planned and conducted jointly by you and the student with guidance provided by the department faculty.
As a top-rated educational program, we need you to serve as a preceptor. If you have questions or you would like to join our team of preceptors, please contact us by email: email@example.com
Rachel F. Haga, MHA
Director of Graduate Programs (MHA & MSHA)